AASCF Annual Conference Strengthening Today, Buliding Tomorrow - Register Now!
Edmonton January 23-24, 2014
AASCF Brochure & Registration
AASCF Survey - Deadline December 31, 2013
On behalf of the Alberta Association of Services for Children and Family Services, I am requesting you provide information to the AASCF. It is important that we collect information annually on funding, staffing and service delivery to ensure we have an accurate and current description of the sector. This information will be used to improve services to members and continue efforts to advocate for increased funding.
All individual agency information will be kept confidential. Thank you and I appreciate you taking the time to respond..
Rhonda Barraclough - Executive Director, AASCF
AASCF Response to Foster Care Deaths Thursday November 28, 2013
Raw Video: Raw video: Foster care news conference
November 27, 2013 – Human Services Minister Dave Hancock is joined by a number of agencies that work with foster parents, children, and families for a news conference on Wednesday.
1. These articles are about children and their families. We want to acknowledge the pain and loss of all families who lose children. This is very difficult on those family members who have to live through the loss again
2. Staff and caregivers are diligent and very caring for all children in the child intervention system. We are all dedicated to improving the lives of families and children. In a respectful professional manner
3. In the past 5 years significant progress has been made to work with the Ministry of Human Services in the Child Intervention system. We want to continue that good work and move forward with innovation, change and progress
4. We are all striving to work in a evidence based, child and family centered system, that strive for continuous improvement and the best outcomes possible for Alberta’s vulnerable children and their families.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
1 Write to the editor of the paper
View Agencies Letter’s To The Editors
Shelley Streit - Regarding Cartoon published November 25, 2013
Chris Christie - Executive Director McMan Youth, Family and Community Services Association -South Region
Eugene Ip D. Phil, RSW Chair, Social Work Diploma Program NorQuest College
2. Respond to the articles
3. Write to the Minister and or Premier
4. Support any families who are impacted
5. Talk to you staff about this kind of coverage,encourage people to look forward and focus on innovation and progress